Undergraduates majoring in Economics or Sociology have an opportunity to participate in a shared credit B.A. / M.P.A. (Master of Public Administration) degree program with the School or Public Administration, where they work toward their M.P.A. while completing their B.A. degree.
The mission of the School of Public Administration is to advance knowledge in support of professional education for public service, through the integration of interdisciplinary research, teaching, and service in order to address the management challenges of an increasingly complex and diverse global environment.
In the M.P.A. program, students gain deep knowledge and skills in the following areas:
Human Resources Management
Public Budgeting and Financial Management
Strateging Planning and Management
Program and Performance Evaluation
Information and Network Management
This, in turn, gives students the ability to lead and manage in public governance; to participate in and contribute to the policy process; to analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions; to articulate and apply a public service perspective; and to communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry.
Programs of Study
- Shared Undergraduate/Graduate Credit Programs Available:
- B.A. Economics / M.P.A. (Master of Public Administration)
- B.A. Sociology / M.P.A. (Master of Public Administration)
- B.A. Liberal Arts / M.P.A. (Master of Public Administration)
- Undergraduate Academic Advisor(s):
Advisor office locations vary. Please click on your advisor's name below to learn more.
- Advising Email:
- email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department Email:
- Department Location:
- Social Sciences (Bldg 78), Suite 3020